Pages

Sunday 30 August 2009

Beauty & Fragility

August is drawing to a close, and what a wierd month it's been. It started with a much-needed holiday, and has ended in the chaos of pressure at work, preparations for Open Studios, and grief at the passing of a dear friend.

In the midst of all this I've managed to produce a painting. As it's impossible to paint anything properly without concentrating on it totally, for a few hours I've simply put my cares aside and wielded my brushes. And I've ended up with this - something totally unlike my usual style.

Somehow it seems fitting right now to reflect on how beautiful and fragile and precious life is. I hope this picture will help us all to do just that.


















butterfly
© Teresa Kirkpatrick 2009

1 comment:

  1. I do love the soft, warm but bright colours in Teresa's pictures. I'm so glad that you found the time in between everything else to produce this exquisite little study which does exactly what you suggest - sums up the beauty and fragility of life.

    ReplyDelete