Pages

Saturday 24 August 2013

goodbye to all that?

River Thames, Bankside
© Teresa Newham 2013

Well, that's it - I'm no longer working in London.  It's exciting and daunting at the same time - no more commuting and no more corporate office life - and, for a while at least, no more weird and wonderful photos from Bankside.  So here's another selection from the last few months of my journey to work:

making music next to the Millennium Bridge . . .
© Teresa Newham 2013
There are always musicians playing near the Tate Modern - sometimes within a few feet of each other!  the chaps above are amongst the most colourful.  And the loudest!

. . .  and painting under it!
© Teresa Newham 2013

As for this gentleman, he got me thinking: why didn't I do that while I had the chance? (answer: the thought of  passers-by staring over my shoulder, particularly the ones taking photos . . . )

very unofficial Shakespeare T-shirt near The Globe Theatre . . .
© Teresa Newham 2013

Award for sheer ingenuity - and least subtle innuendo - must go to the T-shirt seller in this photo.  Carefully positioned close to - but not directly outside - the Globe Theatre . . . I didn't spot anybody buying from him and I only saw him the once!

How does he do that?
© Teresa Newham 2013
I never did work out the mechanics involved in this living statue.  Apparently suspended in mid-air, he occasionally gives a cheeful wave, quite often frightening the living daylights out of an unsuspecting tourist . . . .

early morning, near Blackfriars
© Teresa Newham 2013
A contemplative note to end on - a lady enjoying the morning sunshine down by the river.  I'd like to think that might be me, next time I'm up for the day seeing my ex-colleagues for lunch and taking in a gallery or two on the way.  It's not goodbye, after all . . .  it's very much au revoir!



2 comments:

  1. Some weird and wonderful sights! Not sure they'll have so many of those in Harpenden!If there are I'll sure you'll find them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harpenden will have some sights of its own, I hope !!

    ReplyDelete