Pages

Saturday 13 May 2017

. . . and more bluebells!


bluebells
original linocut by Teresa Newham

I blame the weather, myself.  While the garden and the hedgerows were shivering in the chilly Spring, the bluebells were enjoying an extended season;  many were still in bloom at the start of May.  I just couldn't resist painting some more!

bluebells & white campion I
original watercolour by Teresa Newham

This time I chose to focus on the flowers themselves, rather than the woodland, and thought I would make a smaller watercolour for a change.  As things turned out, I couldn't decide on the format, so I ended up with two little pictures.


bluebells & white campion II
original watercolour by Teresa Newham

My final venture into bluebell-ness (this year!) was a linocut, which I sketched and cut before I realised I hadn't reversed the design.  I quickly cut a new design straight onto the block and printed it up in a hurry - the second print in a row which has turned out well when I don't over-think it.  There's a lesson there somewhere . . .


bluebell prints on the makeshift drying rack
© Teresa Newham



1 comment:

  1. Love the bluebells and wild campion - very atmospheric. That blue is a perfect colour for the prints as well.

    ReplyDelete