Pages

Monday 11 December 2017

. . . a creative space



Gallery32
original pen drawing © Teresa Newham

Looking back at my previous blog post about Gallery32, I realised how much I've benefitted from my monthly Saturday morning sessions there.  As with Open Studios, my time is completely given up to art, without any distractions apart from visitors - who are there to look at and discuss the art anyway!


ideas for mixed media and linocuts
original pencil sketches © Teresa Newham

I've tried to use that time creatively, and many of the pieces I produced this year were originally put together at Gallery32.  I usually have my A4 and A6 sketchbooks and some pens and pencils with me, and I access source photos on my phone.


drawing practice at Gallery32
original pen sketches © Teresa Newham

Being surrounded by so much contemporary art has encouraged me to try new things, such as incorporating metallic printmaking ink into some of my watercolours.  I even spent one happy morning laying out chalkboard designs for a wedding!


original sketches & designs
© Teresa Newham


There's always something new to see, both in the gallery itself and in Debbie's studio, which has given me the opportunity to practice my sketching.  And if I feel like doing nothing more enterprising than sitting with a coffee and an issue of Artists & Illustrators, why not? That's "art time" too!


artists' clutter
original pen sketch © Teresa Newham




1 comment:

  1. Love the drawings, especially the black and white ones!

    ReplyDelete