Pages

Friday 15 January 2021

Calendar memories

 

January & February
© Teresa Newham


Every November I put together a calendar of my best photos as a Christmas present.  I hang one in my studio, too, to remind me what I was doing this time last year.  Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the 2021 version turned out to be very, very local . . .


March & April
© Teresa Newham

Apart from the January pic of the countryside near Ware (actually taken at the very end of December 2019 but I can't imagine that the scenery changed much in 48 hours), this year's crop of photos were taken within half a mile of our house; in the garden, the nearby lanes, and on our housing estate.


May & June
© Teresa Newham

A few, such as February's cherry blossom and August's close-up of Agapanthus flowers, are my experiments with the Canon EOS DSLR I bought myself last January; the rest are purely opportunistic  iPhone shots, of which July's apple tree is my favourite.


July & August
© Teresa Newham

I'm hoping to make a linocut based on September's picture (one of several projects I have in mind once I've taught myself the basics of Japanese Woodblock) and I'm already gathering images for the 2022 calendar;  I could do one of views of my favourite field alone . . .


September & October
© Teresa Newham


The November image is one of a series of photographs which inspired my watercolour Harpenden Common in Autumn, taken back in November 2019 while walking to the station on my way to a meeting in London about the January 2020  Journeys in Hope exhibition.  How long ago all that seems now!


November & December
© Teresa Newham







1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous pictures. And almost all within easy walking distance!

    ReplyDelete