Pages

Saturday 24 March 2012

hanging at the Hoo

the Walled Garden project at Luton Hoo
© Teresa Newham 2012
Last weekend was the third annual Open Art Exhibition at the Luton Hoo Walled Garden.  The renovation of this garden is an on-going project, and it was good to see how much work has been done since last year.


the Open Art Exhibition at Luton Hoo Walled Garden
© Teresa Newham 2012

As usual, the exhibition was held in the Conservatory,  and included exhibits from local schools on the subject of  "The Secret Garden", as well as entries from all over the UK to the Open Exhibition itself, which had the theme of landscapes.

"Poppy Fields" was displayed with other exhibits of a similar colour
© Teresa Newham 2012

I had entered two of my watercolours: Poppy Fields and Lavender Fields, an older work which is still one of my favourites.  Given the amount of interest and the number of entries, I was extremely pleased that they were both hung.   The whole event had been extremely well curated, with works of similar colours grouped together into a pleasing whole.  It's a while since I visited an exhibition and this one was particularly enjoyable!

Lavender Fields
© Teresa Newham 2012

NB many thanks to the organisers who allowed me to take some general photos for this blog.

3 comments:

  1. A very fine exhibition, probably the best that Luton Hoo have done so far, and it was a real achievement to get both pictures exhibited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful you participated again. And two pieces...! Sounds like a lovely event. I'm sad I can't see your work in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too!! nothing like seeing the real thing, is there? I'd love to see your work too. Still, at least we have the internet . . .

    ReplyDelete