Pages

Tuesday 14 September 2021

virtually ready

 

the Wensley Arts page on the HVA website


It's almost time. I've framed my pictures and sorted out ideas for the online themes. There is publicity on social media and the #HertsOpenStudios section of the HVA website is full of information about all the local artists who will be taking part. Here at what we are calling Wensley Arts until 10th October it just remains to put the physical exhibition in place.


my studio, not at all open at the moment . . . 
© Teresa Newham

Not that you'd guess from the state of my studio right now.  To those in the know, exhibitions aren't just about paintings or prints; they're about easels, browsers, tables, display boards, card racks, signage, and all the other paraphernalia necessary to show artwork off to its best advantage.


. . . and in need of a good tidy up as well as an exhibition
© Teresa Newham

During the next few days my studio and my dining room will (I hope) be transformed into an enticing display of artwork by me and my co-exhibitor Sue Wookey.  Many other artists across the county are preparing their own spaces, shared or otherwise, or getting ready to join in online.


the dining room, similarly unprepared
© Teresa Newham

The HVA have retained and refined elements from last year's virtual Open Studios for those who do not wish to open to the public at this time. Those of us who will be welcoming visitors face-to-face are also taking part in the daily themes on social media - which increases the workload but also increases the fun. I've really enjoyed gathering images and putting videos together.


working in the small amount of space I have
© Teresa Newham

As if that wasn't enough, I am taking part on the second day of Art on the Common, which is happening the first weekend of Open Studios.  I'm sharing our usual pitch with Hillary Taylor, whose own Open Studio will be in the pop-up shop opposite Harpenden Waitrose from 4 - 10th October.




While all this is going on, I also have a couple of pieces in the Colourways exhibition at The Workhouse Dunstable, which runs until 9th October.  It's a busy time for artists and art lovers alike!






1 comment: